Demonstration Alert (July 25, 2023)
U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Alert for U.S. Citizens
July 25, 2023
Event: Kenyan opposition leaders have called for solidarity parades and public vigils nationwide in lieu of a previously announced protest for July 26. Organizers have stated that the events are intended to be peaceful. However, large public gatherings can turn violent at any moment. It is recommended to remain vigilant and aware of circumstances and avoid large gatherings. Traffic disruptions are expected.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/foreigners.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport with a current
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government
U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451 U.S. Citizen Services – U.S. Embassy in Kenya (usembassy.gov)
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya) · Kenya Country Information · Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
(STEP) to receive alerts · Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe