Alert for U.S. Citizens: July 11, 2023 Demonstration Alert
U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Alert for U.S. Citizens
July 11, 2023
Event: Media have reported a renewed call for countrywide protests on Wednesday, July 12 which may result in public transportation and traffic disruptions. Demonstrations may occasionally be violent, requiring police intervention.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/foreigners.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Kenyan visa.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451 U.S. Citizen Services – U.S. Embassy in Kenya (usembassy.gov)
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya) · Kenya Country Information · Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
(STEP) to receive alerts · Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx