Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Nairobi Kenya (March 30)
U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Message for U.S. Citizens
March 30, 2023
Location: Kenya, country wide
Event: Countrywide demonstrations have been called to take place weekly on Mondays and Thursdays for an indefinite period. Some U.S. Embassy personnel will utilize telework and leave on days when protests are anticipated.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Be vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
- Kenya Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: