U.S. Embassy Nairobi Human Resources Office encourages interested job applicants to apply for any of our open positions!
Please note applications can only be received from the on-line recruitment service “My Jobs in Kenya“.
Please follow all instructions carefully. We are unable to respond to individual inquiries. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted at the address they provide.
Procurement Contracting Specialist (April 10, 2018)
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Procurement Contracting Specialist
Opening: March 26, 2018
Closing: April 10, 2018
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): Position Grade: FSN-810-10
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): Position Grade: FP-5* (A higher step and salary may be granted based on superior qualifications/ Final
Grade and step for NORs will be determined by Washington)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT KENYAN CITIZENS
MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY PERMITS TO
BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
The General Services Office (GSO) has an opening for the position of Procurement Contracting Specialist. The position will be available immediately.
Serves as a Procurement Contract Specialist. Prepares formal complex contracts (some valued as high as $10M USD) with written scopes of work using Office of the Procurement Executive (A/OPE) models in accordance with complex regulations contained in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of State Acquisition Regulations (DOSAR). Utilizes the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) ARIBA Contracting Module to prepare, execute and monitor contracts. Liaise with Contracting Officer’s Representatives (COR) on issues pertaining to contracts and contracts maintenance. The incumbent shall serve as a Contracting Specialist responsible for providing a full service range of contracting and procurement services, and will be the Mission’s de facto expert on formal contracts, to include Commercial item contracts, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), and Special contracts.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
◊ Degree in law or bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field is required.
◊ At least six (6) years of experience in the field of formal contracting or acquisition management and
construction contracting is required.
◊ Level IV (fluent) English ability is required. Kiswahili Level III ability is also required.
- Must have extensive commercial contacts and in-depth knowledge of local market.
- Must be able to review lengthy and complex contract materials and assess their strengths and shortcomings, both in terms of technical requirements and in practicality.
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Applicants must be available for an interview and for proficiency testing as required by the selecting official.
Interested candidates for this position must submit their application to the following for consideration of the application: http://americanembassy.myjobsinkenya.com
Attach other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above
The U.S. Embassy Nairobi Human Resources Office encourages interested job applicants to apply for any of our open positions!
Please note applications can only be received from the on-line recruitment service.
Please follow all instructions carefully, and note that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted at the email address they provide.