U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health and Travel Alert for U.S. Citizens
April 15, 2020
Embassy of Japan Offers Seats on Chartered Flight
Event: The Embassy of Japan has organized an Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET8672 from Nairobi to Addis Ababa on Saturday, April 18. The chartered aircraft still has some seats available for use by any passengers that need to leave the country. Details are below. Note the required information must be sent to the Embassy of Japan email below by COB today and seats are limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Travelers transiting through Addis Ababa with a long layover must go to one of the government-owned quarantine hotels at their own expense. Please check with the travel agent referenced below about an itinerary to transit you through the Addis airport most expeditiously.
Below is the flight Schedule for the Charter to be used on the day:
Flight Number: ET8672
Date: 18th April 2020
Route: Nairobi-Addis Ababa
Departure Time from JKIA: 1200hrs (local time)
Arrival Time at Addis Ababa: 1620hrs (local time)
*Only Economy Class is available
1. The cost of each seat from Nairobi to Addis Ababa is $1250 USD
2. All payments are non-refundable once paid.
3. Infants under 1 year and 11 months NOT occupying their own seat will be free.
4. The cost from Addis Ababa to your final destination is NOT included.
5. Please note that Japanese travel agency, H.I.S. will arrange this flight takes you to
Addis Ababa at above price and the flight from Addis Ababa to your final destination at an additional fee.
6. Please note that only passengers who are able to make reservation for the commercial flights from Addis Ababa can make reservation for the charter flight from Nairobi.
7. The ability of H.I.S to provide onward flights to your final destination is subject to the availability of commercial flights and seat availability from Addis Ababa to your final destination.
8. The amount of the additional fee for your onward flight from Addis Ababa will depend also on seat availability on flights to your final destination.
9. Passengers should be prepared to provide evidence that they have an onward flight at the time of boarding in Nairobi failure to which they will not be allowed to board.
10. Please note that if you are infected with the COVID-19 virus, or you have a symptom like flu, you are not able to board the flight.
Kindly send the following information to the Embassy of Japan (firstname.lastname@example.org) in English by the end of Wednesday, 15th April. Due to A LIMITED NUMBER OF SEATS, it will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Embassy of Japan will only add those who will be able to purchase a seat.
● Email address
● Phone Number
● Passport Number
● Final Destination
● Chronic disease (if any)
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts