U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health and Travel Alert for U.S. Citizens
June 16, 2020
Ethiopian Airlines Charter Flight Available on June 25
Event: Ethiopian Airlines will operate a commercial charter flight departing Nairobi (NBO) on Thursday, June 25. The flight will route through Addis Ababa to multiple U.S. destinations. Tickets for the flight may be purchased online on a first-come, first-serve basis using this link: https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa/special-offer?Key=American-Repatriation-Flight
- Passengers must read the terms and conditions before booking.
- Select ‘One Way’.
- Add your final destination in the ‘To’ field.
- Select June 25 as the departure date
- Select the ‘Passenger All Class’ box to choose ‘Economy Class’ from the pulldown menu; this is the only passenger class available.
- On the menu selection for ‘number of passengers’ use only the adult portion even if there are children/infants among the passenger group. There is no discount for children or infants.
- As part of the ongoing effort to fighting the pandemic, Ethiopian Airlines kindly asks all international and domestic passengers to wear face masks during check-in, boarding, in-flight, deplaning and at the airport terminal. Infants, small children and persons who are unable to remove a face mask without assistance are exempted.
- Baggage allowance: 2 pc (23Kg each)
For booking-related questions, please contact Nairobi’s Ethiopian Airlines office at +254 723 786 649/ +254 701 223 493/ +254 701 223 970 from 08:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Passengers traveling to the United States should be U.S. Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents and their immediate family members with valid entry documents for the United States.
Reminder: U.S. Embassy Nairobi strongly recommends that U.S. Citizens and nationals enroll in STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, at step.state.gov. STEP enrollees receive important information from the Embassy about health conditions, safety alerts, and travel updates. Enrollment enables the Embassy to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you have previously enrolled in STEP, we recommend that you log into your STEP account to ensure your details are current, your country of travel information is correct, and that you set your departure date as ‘indefinite.’ These steps will enable you to receive all our embassy messaging. For any immediate need, U.S. citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the United States and Canada or (plus) 1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Kenyan Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 websitefor updated information.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kenya
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alert
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: