U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health and Travel Alert for U.S. Citizens
May 18, 2020
Ethiopian Airlines Flight to Addis Ababa Still Available May 20
Event: Seats are still available on the Ethiopian Airlines flight to Addis Ababa on May 20, 2020. For those interested in purchasing tickets, bookings can be made directly with Ethiopian Airlines using the portal and instructions below. Ticketing for the May 20 flight is no longer being handled by Love Africa travel; tickets purchased with Love Africa travel are still valid and will be honored on Wednesday’s flight. Follow these steps to make a booking:
1. Go to www.ethiopianairlines.com
a. One Way
b. Departure city: Nairobi Kenyatta (NBO)
c. Arrival city: Addis Ababa (ADD)
d. Date: 20 May
e. Click on the Passenger box, select ‘Economy Class’
f. Select the desired number of passengers
3. To get the special price enter the promo code: KEV19
4. Then the passengers will be prompted to select their flight, fill in their profile, then move to payment page to use a credit card for payment.
5. Credit card is the only option for payment.
6. Because the flight is originates from Nairobi the currency is KES, exchange rates vary.
7. There will only be Economy Class service. There is no Business Class service.
8. For any information and assistance passengers can contact our office at 0723 786 649 / 0734 666 066 / 0733 666 061 from 08:30am-04:00pm, Monday to Friday
9. Those requiring an overnight in Addis Ababa will NOT be quarantined but will stay in a hotel at their own expense. The designated hotel is Ethiopian Skylight at a rate of USD125.00 per night per person.
10. The onward flight from Addis Ababa can be purchased on the same website but without using the promo code. Please arrange an onward itinerary with minimal layover. Passengers are responsible for booking their own onward travel to the United States and must have valid entry documents to enter the United States.
Reminder: U. S. Embassy Nairobi strongly recommends that U.S. Citizens and nationals enroll in STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, at step.state.gov. STEP enrollees receive important information from the Embassy about health conditions, safety alerts, and travel updates. Enrollment enables the Embassy to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you have previously enrolled in STEP, we recommend that you log into your STEP account to ensure your details are current, your country of travel information is correct, and that you set your departure date as ‘indefinite.’ These steps will enable you to receive all our embassy messaging. For any immediate need, U.S. citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the United States and Canada or (plus) 1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Actions to Take:
· Visit the Kenyan Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kenya
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: