U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health and Travel Alert for U.S. Citizens
May 26, 2020
Kenya Airways Flight to London Available June 4
Event: Kenya Airways have confirmed that, subject to sufficient demand, they will operate a specially arranged direct flight from Nairobi to London on Thursday, June 4. The flight will depart from Nairobi at 9:20AM for London Heathrow. The economy class fare will be approximately $1,333 and $2,403 in business class.
To secure your seat from Nairobi to London call the Kenya Airways call center at +254 711 024 747. Online bookings can be made at www.kenya-airways.com/en-uk/charter-flights. You will book and pay directly to Kenya Airways using MPESA or a credit card. Passengers are responsible for booking their own onward travel to the United States and must have valid entry documents to enter the United States. Please arrange an onward itinerary with minimal layover.
MANDATORY COVID-19 TEST
· The Government of Kenya and Kenya Airways require that passengers and crew on this flight produce a medical certificate, from their officially appointed laboratory, Lancet Laboratory, confirming they are free of COVID-19. Please ask for confirmation of this process when you make your booking with Kenya Airways. Any passengers testing positive will not be allowed to travel and will receive a refund of the airfare.
· The KES 8,000 cost of the test is not included in the ticket price. You will need to contact and pay Lancet Laboratory directly for the COVID-19 test.
· Testing will take place between 72 and 24 hours of the scheduled flight take-off time.
· For any medical questions about the flight, including COVID-19 matters, please email Doctors.KQ@kenya-airways.com
· Anyone in Kenya testing positive must follow Government of Kenya instructions http://www.health.go.ke/
Reminder: U.S. Embassy Nairobi strongly recommends that U.S. Citizens and nationals enroll in STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, at step.state.gov. STEP enrollees receive important information from the Embassy about health conditions, safety alerts, and travel updates. Enrollment enables the Embassy to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you have previously enrolled in STEP, we recommend that you log into your STEP account to ensure your details are current, your country of travel information is correct, and that you set your departure date as ‘indefinite.’ These steps will enable you to receive all our embassy messaging. For any immediate need, U.S. citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the United States and Canada or (plus) 1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Actions to Take:
· Visit the Kenyan Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kenya
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: