U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health and Travel Alert for U.S. Citizens
May 06, 2020
Restricted Movement Directive for Eastleigh, Nairobi and Old Town, Mombasa
Event: On May 6, 2020 the Government of Kenya announced the cessation of movement into and out of the Eastleigh neighborhood in Nairobi and Old Town in Mombasa starting May 6th at 7 pm for 15 days. Markets and restaurants will also be closed in these areas for 15 days.
Reminder: U.S. Embassy Nairobi strongly recommends that U.S. Citizens and nationals enroll in STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, at step.state.gov. STEP enrollees receive important information from the Embassy about health conditions, safety alerts, and travel updates. Enrollment enables the Embassy to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you have previously enrolled in STEP, we recommend that you log into your STEP account to ensure your details are current, your country of travel information is correct, and that you set your departure date as ‘indefinite.’ These steps will enable you to receive all our embassy messaging. For any immediate need, U.S. citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the United States and Canada or (plus) 1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Actions to Take:
· Visit the Kenyan Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kenya
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: