U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health and Travel Alert for for U.S. Citizens
April 21, 2020
Seats Available on Kenya Airways Flight to London
Event: The British High Commission has organized a charter flight with Kenyan Airways from Nairobi to London Heathrow this Friday, April 24, subject to demand. There will also be a connecting flight from Mombasa to Nairobi operated by Jambo Jet on April 24; only those traveling on to London will be permitted to board. Those continuing to the United States would be responsible for booking their own onward travel.
Please read the following instructions to book this flight:
· To secure your seat, book on the Kenya Airways website or over the phone on +254 711 024747; +254 734 104747 or +254 203 274 747. Phone lines are operational from 8am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
· To book tickets for the connecting flight from Mombasa to Nairobi, contact Jambo Jet on +254 711 024545, +254 734 104545 or reservations@Jambojet.com.
· Medical certificate requirements
o The Government of Kenya and Kenya Airways require passengers and crew on this flight to produce a medical certificate confirming they are free of COVID-19. The cost of a COVID-19 test will be included in the ticket price.
o Once you have paid for your flight(s), you should book a test at any Lancet Laboratories branch. Results should take 24 hours and will be shared with you and Kenya Airways. Test results must be from within 72 hours of check-in.
o Any passengers testing positive will not be allowed to travel and will receive a refund of their airfare minus the cost of the test. Anyone testing positive must follow Ministry of Health instructions.
Reminder: U. S. Embassy Nairobi strongly recommends that U.S. Citizens and nationals enroll in STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, at step.state.gov. STEP enrollees receive important information from the Embassy about health conditions, safety alerts, and travel updates. Enrollment enables the Embassy to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you have previously enrolled in STEP, we recommend that you log into your STEP account to ensure your details are current, your country of travel information is correct, and that you set your departure date as ‘indefinite.’ These steps will enable you to receive all our embassy messaging. For any immediate need, U.S. citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the United States and Canada or (plus) 1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Actions to Take:
· Visit the Kenyan Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kenya
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: