Event: The Embassy of the Republic of Korea has offered seats to U.S. citizens on a chartered flight with Ethiopian Airlines on May 20th, 2020. The fare will be approximately USD590 from Nairobi to Addis Ababa, if the flight sells out. The travel agent advises that the final pricing will be dependent on the number of reservations. There will be a service charge of 5% with Visa or MasterCard payments.
Passengers are responsible for booking their own onward travel to the United States and must have valid entry documents to enter the United States. Please note that travelers transiting through Addis Ababa with a long layover must go to one of the government-owned quarantine hotels at their own expense. Travelers should arrange an itinerary through the Addis airport with minimal layover. Please contact Love Africa Safari and Travel, Mr. Jared (0725-017915, 0733-998576) to book tickets.
Reminder: U. S. Embassy Nairobi strongly recommends that U.S. Citizens and nationals enroll in STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, at step.state.gov. STEP enrollees receive important information from the Embassy about health conditions, safety alerts, and travel updates. Enrollment enables the Embassy to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you have previously enrolled in STEP, we recommend that you log into your STEP account to ensure your details are current, your country of travel information is correct, and that you set your departure date as ‘indefinite.’ These steps will enable you to receive all our embassy messaging. For any immediate need, U.S. citizens in an emergency can call 1-888-407-4747 from the United States and Canada or (plus) 1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Kenyan Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kenya
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
- Kenya Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link:https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx