Health Message for U.S. Citizens June 15, 2022
U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Health Alert for U.S. Citizens
June 15, 2022
Location: Kenya, Countrywide
Event: As of June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer require air travelers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.
CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Actions to Take:
- Review country-specific COVID-19 entry/exit requirements on the Embassy’s COVID-19 information page
- Due to the rapidly- evolving situation, check with your airlines, transit countries, and final destination on the most updated travel requirements (such as mandatory COVID-19 tests).
- In accordance with CDC guidance, delay your travel if you test positive for or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Review CDC Traveler’s Health Notice for Kenya
- U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
- Kenya Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: