Security at the Consular Section:
All visitors to Embassy facilities are subject to search before entry. Effective September 23, 2019, no luggage, electronic or photographic equipment is permitted in our waiting room or on other Embassy premises, nor are we able to hold these items for you. Mobile phones will be held at the gate while visitors are on Embassy grounds.
Forbidden Items and Entry Regulations:
Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the US Embassy and the Embassy guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, MP3s, laptops, or portable music players and wearable devices such as Google glasses or body cameras.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment.
- Any food item.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters, e cigarettes, liquid vaping devices.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the US Embassy will not accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items. You will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.