Message for U.S. Citizens: Security Alert
U.S. EMBASSY NAIROBI
Message for U.S. Citizens
April 30, 2021
Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Nairobi
Event: The U.S. Embassy would like to remind the U.S. citizen community that terrorist groups have a history of carrying out attacks in Kenya during Ramadan (April 13-May 13). U.S. citizens are reminded of the need for heightened awareness and caution during this time of increased personal safety and security concerns.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in religious institutions as well as locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
- Kenya Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages please use the following link: