Event: Due to the ongoing nationwide fuel shortage, the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi has suspended official travel outside of Nairobi until further notice. U.S. government personnel have been advised to exercise caution in conducting personal travel during this time as fuel rationing, long lines, and traffic jams could significantly impact travel times.
The U.S. Embassy in Nairobi emphasizes that U.S. citizens should remain situationally aware and plan to fill up vehicles often and when there is fuel availability, rather than waiting until tanks are low.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Be vigilant when visiting gas stations and use caution when driving throughout Kenya.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 for calls from the United States or Canada
+1-202-501-4444 for calls from overseas (Kenya)
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @USEmbassyKenya and @CDCKenya
If you wish to unsubscribe from these messages, please use the following link: