SECURITY ALERT FOR U.S. CITIZENS
U.S. Embassy Nairobi
January 16, 2019
Location: Dusit2 Hotel, 14 Riverside Drive, Westlands, Nairobi
Event: The Government of Kenya has advised that all terrorists involved in the Dusit2 Hotel attack have been neutralized. Follow-on security operations are continuing in the Dusit2 Hotel and its vicinity. Please continue to avoid the area and remain in known safe areas.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Monitor local media for updates
- Notify friends and family of your safety
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Kenya Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kenya located on United Nations Avenue, Nairobi, at +254 (0) 20 363 6451 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +254 (0) 20 363 6170.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow the U.S. Embassy Nairobi on social media. Our twitter feed is athttps://twitter.com/USEmbassyKenya, and our Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/U.S.EmbassyNairobi.