The Consular Section provides services to U.S. Citizens by appointment only. To book an appointment click here
ACS offers the following regularly scheduled services:
- Passport services other than adding pages.
- Reporting the birth abroad of a child of a U.S. citizen. Application for the child’s first passport.
- Notarial services.
Before scheduling an appointment, ensure that you have all the required documents as listed on the website.
On the appointment day: For access to the Consular Section, U.S. Citizens should bring identification, preferably a U.S. passport. If your identification is lost or stolen, bring a photocopy if possible. If not, we can work to establish your identity at the gate before you enter.
If you have an appointment, please print and bring your appointment confirmation with you. In order to avoid unnecessary delays, it is important to come to your appointment prepared with the required documentation and paperwork filled out. Please note that for passport renewals you need to bring a passport photo. We do not take photos at the Embassy.
IMPORTANT: Mobile phones and other electronic devices are not allowed within the Embassy or Consulate. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the U.S. Embassy and the Embassy guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, MP3s, laptops, or portable music players and wearable devices such as Google glasses or body cameras.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment.
- Any food items
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters, e-cigarettes, liquid vaping devices.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the U.S. Embassy will NOT accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items.
Only persons seeking Consular services will be admitted into the Embassy or Consulate. Exceptions will be made only if those seeking Consular services are under 18 or if they are disabled and require assistance.
Parking: There is no parking available at the Embassy. Please make arrangements to be dropped off or find alternative means of parking