All applicants, including children, must book an appointment. Applicants must access the GSS website to schedule or reschedule their own appointments.
It is important that applicants apply early, since appointments are given on a first-come, first-served basis. All applicants, including children, must appear in person for an interview at the given time of appointment. Please carry a printout of your appointment details on the given date of appointment.
To keep the Consular Section open, we need your help to keep visitors and staff safe from COVID-19. If you are not feeling well or have come into contact with a person who had symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks, do not come to the Consular Section. Instead, communicate via email so that we can reschedule your appointment. We will prioritize rescheduling of your appointment.
When you come to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section, you must observe the following precautions:
- Wear face coverings properly (covering nose and mouth).
- Use the hand sanitizer placed at the gate before you enter the
- Maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres between individuals or family groups.
- Keep possession of your identity documents (I.D) at the security check. Applicants should hold their I.D facing the security guard to allow visual inspection.
- Arrive 20-30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
Any group of five or more applicants who are not related but are traveling together with the same itinerary must schedule an appointment for the entire group. For more information on group processing, visit the U.S. Visa Service website.
Non-Immigrant Visa Unit
Answers to almost all questions about nonimmigrant visa categories, requirements, and procedures are available at https://usvisa-info.com. If you are experiencing payment or appointment scheduling issues, please contact our call center at +254 20 764 0121/+254 02 764 0799. The call center hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Kenya time, or if you are calling from the United States, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time.
For public inquiries please contact the NVC via email using the online form at https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php.
National Visa Center (NVC)
- Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov
- Telephone: (603) 334-0700, (7:00 a.m. EST to 12:00 a.m. EST)
Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)
- Telephone: (606) 526-7500, (7:30 a.m. EST to 4:00 p.m. EST)
Visiting the Embassy
The U.S. Embassy in Kenya is located in Nairobi on United Nations Avenue across from the United Nations (UN) Compound. Applicants should follow the signs located across from the UN Gas Station leading to ‘Consular Section’.